Mission - what we do
The Property Voice: Insights | Resources | Projects | Mentoring | Investments
- Insights - news, blog, podcast, views, opinion and critique of all matters relating to residential property investment
- Resources - tips, links, tools, referrals and other support available to the residential property investor
- Projects - case studies, investments, partnerships, joint-ventures, training and mentoring to provide a route from theory or standstill to practical application or growth for investors in property
- Mentoring - a variety of options for aspiring property investors to gain knowledge & practical insights from experienced property investors
- Investments - partner with us on some of our own property investments; attractive returns and knowledge transfer, where required, for UK & non-UK nationals
The Property Voice was started & developed by it’s founder, Richard W J Brown, as a curated, property news feed service on the scoop.it platform, found here
It began in early 2013 for three reasons:
- A curated news hub - to provide a central search repository for all of the property-related news stories and blog info available on the Internet
- A knowledge & learning resource - To educate in current, property-related issues, policies, training and other property information just ‘out there’.
- A commentary & insight platform - A place to express, comment, guide and support the residential property investment community; a place to practice writing and prepare to write some more!
It has grown organically from being a personal, pet-project into a place where others now tune in too. First the Scoop.it site, then Twitter, Linked In, Facebook and Google+ have since been established, such that there is now a ground-floor following in the lower thousands. It is time to get a little more serious then!
Hence, the site and a new brand identity – ThePropertyVoice.net – welcome!!
What it is now and what it will be in the future
First, The Property Voice will maintain the aims and values of when it began – to uncover the latest, most relevant information and other up-to-the-minute content relevant to the theme of residential property investment.
At the last count, I personally review around 300-400 articles per working day before settling on those one or two features that make it onto the curated newsfeed. This is not a catch-all news service, it is a selective, commentary-based platform that addresses top news and policy information, investing principles, personal experience, critique and insight into the world of property investing. I usually operate the ‘one a day, every day’ approach to my news posts – with an emphasis on quality over quantity, focus, relevance and reality, or sometimes simply the bizarre and unusual, in order to distill the noise from the many voices out there in property.
It is therefore a content platform for the property investor community, along with a fair sprinkling of advice, insight and review based on experience to add value beyond some of the other newsfeeds and portals in the community. The Property Voice adds to the debate, directs investors to the key issues and offers critique and explanation on top of the 'smorgasbord' of property news for us to feast upon.
This will not change, although having a blog and a news service now allows for two clear types of content to be delivered. Some shorter, snappier pieces prompted by current news-related issues on a regular basis and a longer, more personal elaboration piece based on my own & others' experiences, views and general insights less frequently.
Next: I will further develop a wider set of tools and resources for people to use, things like due diligence checklists, deal analysis spreadsheets and key performance criteria to name but a few on the Resources page. These are provided free of charge in and newsletter is also available to email subscribers.
I will further develop the ‘reality’ property projects section that will provide insights and updates into real property deals from real property investors, not just from me - this will be available from the Projects page.
Two new projects for 2015:
We published our first book: Property Investor Toolkit: A 7-Part Toolkit for Property Investment Success available from Amazon now for the price of a coffee 🙂
We now have a podcast called....wait for it...The Property Voice Podcast! Original eh? Now we can speak as well as write our content, to elaborate in new ways and reach a new audience at the same time...why not subscribe?
I have a passion to further and share my knowledge. That knowledge along with my real experience as a property investor has lead to mentoring & coaching requests by others. As a result, I have developed a range of options available on the Mentoring page.
Finally, after receiving a number of inquiries from the UK and beyond, I have launched an Investment service range, where you can collaborate with me in my own projects in a variety of ways to suit your own situation. This could be by enjoying fixed, secured returns on your funds, learning as you go through shadow investing, higher reward joint ventures for UK national and overseas-based investors and even a 'designed for you' portfolio builder option too.
I have other plans but you will just have to stay tuned to find out. Do feel free to sign up to the newsletter – I promise not to bombard you or sell your email address on…it is strictly between us. In return, I will give you some free stuff - and hopefully some great content too!
In the meantime…thanks very much for your support, sign up for the newsletter and other free content..and do .come back again soon!
Richard W J Brown
Founder, The Property Voice